Friday 3 January 2014

First proper migraine, Qualmpeddler, terracotta warriors and feather craft

Well I didn't go to work today. Spent most of the night nursing a strange headache. By the morning it developed into what I now understand to be a full blown migraine. This is the first time I've ever had one like this. Ouch, no fun! I emailed work, took some Migraleve and then spent nearly the whole day in bed sleeping. It probably doesn't help that I am also fighting off a low level cold/flu thing too.

I felt a bit more alive by the evening although I was still a bit groggy but thankfully the migraine symptoms seemed to have all disappeared.

Dinner was of the delivered Indian variety while we chortled away to Bill Bailey's latest DVD Qualmpeddler. I would say that this was one of his best shows to date, it's hilarious.

I had to resort to the Migraleve again as it felt like the symptoms were starting to return. Hopefully this is just a silly blip and I'll be fine tomorrow. I certainly don't want to start becoming prone to migraines!

Terracotta warriors got a mention and then I remembered that I had three that mum had brought me back from China. They've been sitting safely in their boxes for ages but now it is time for them to go on display.

Toni and I then got creative. She worked on her new drum beater covering and I starting practicing some feather work. It's been a long time since I've done anything like this so it was a bit slow and frustrating to start with. It's probably going to take me a while to get up to speed but I was quite happy with my initial effort.

From this:

To this:

Round one was done using cotton. I had another go using embroidery thread that was much more satisfying:

A better view of the overall effect:

I do at least now have the confidence to start doing more work like this. In my head I know exactly the sort of thing I want to create so hopefully it won't take me too long to make it a reality.  

Whilst the crafty stuff was going on we watched the New York Rangers v Pittsburgh Penguins game. Not a lot I can really say about that. With the Rangers being the wrong end of  a 0 - 4 scoreline at the end of the second there was little hope. With 12:17 left in the third the Rangers made it 1 - 4 and suddenly there was a spark! 08:07 left and it was 2 - 4 and the Rangers have turned this into a game once again. Sadly 59 seconds later the Penguins made it 2 - 5. The Rangers completely ran out of steam at that point and the Penguins won 5 - 2. Sometimer I hate being a Rangers fan!

No comments: