Saturday 4 January 2014

Wicca Moon, Bill Bailey, Bruins, The Lone Ranger and New York Rangers win

It was a late start today which was lovely. Toni and I then headed out to Wicca Moon. I had to speak to Shirlee about my planned talk. I explained about my Two Spirits talk that I recently did and said that I would like to expand on this and do something as an event at Wicca Moon. She was very receptive to this as it fitted in with a new direction that she was looking at for 2014. I can't really elaborate much more at the moment but there are exciting times ahead I believe.

We also did a little shopping while we were there and picked up two awesome aroma diffusers. These wonderful devices just take water and some essential aroma oils and then you have a sweet smelling house without all the smoke from traditional incense sticks and cones or the danger of candles. We put one in Pam's room loaded with rosemary to help her memory and the living room is now carrying a gorgeous orange scent.
I suspect we'll be getting a few more of these to place around the house!

The rest of the day was spent not doing very much which was lovely. We watched Bill Bailey's Reamarkable Guide To The Orchestra followed by Boston Bruins v Winnipeg Jets. A nice little win for Boston which Toni was pleased about.

We then watched The Lone Ranger for the third time while cooking a chicken and waiting for the late night hockey. The bloopers reel on the DVD is brilliant! Having dinner at 23:30 was a novelty athough not something I'd want to do every day LOL

New York Rangers v Toronto Maple Leafs saw out the night. Rangers went ahead 1 - 0 after 06:57 with some good aggressive fore checking and a well screened Toronto netminder. Some great play from the Rangers had them 2 - 0 up at 15:57. Not sure what has happened in the dressing room since last night but I am liking the way they are playing tonight. First period ended Rangers 2 - 0 Leafs. Impressive stuff.  

Leafs tried to turn on some pressure in the second but with less than ten minutes left the Rangers made it 3 - 0. The Leafs suddenly got dangerous in front of the Rangers net but Cam Talbot came up big with loads of saves. Kreider added insult to injury and made it 4 - 0 to the Rangers at 34:39. With 03:25 left Dominic Moore slots in a love 5 - 0. Change of netminder for the Leafs. The Leafs somehow managed to avoid a too many men call and then grabbed one back with 02:18 left and made it 5 - 1. Second period ended Rangers 5 - 1 Leafs.

Leafs came out firing on all cylinders in the third and had most of the possession until Brad Richards scored a beauty and made it 6 - 1. The Rangers resolve remained firm and they didn't crumble like I had feared and still kept the pressure on. Less than four minutes remaining and Rangers made it 7 - 1 on the power play. Then we had 01:52 left and suddenly we were sitting at 8 - 1 which was then wiped out for no reason at all, it wasn't even subject to a review even though the replay showed it was good. The game ended Rangers 7 - 1 Leafs. Last night I said "Sometimes I hate being a Rangers fan". Tonight I say that was unbelievable, I love watching this team when they get it right!










No comments: