Thursday 13 March 2014

Fun and games with TDE, learning, positive energy, Inside No. 9 and more Clones Wars

Got in this morning to find that my main SQL Server had gone tits up but I had to reboot the whole Windows server to get the damn thing up and running again. Once it was back I had a number of databases that were out of action that needed restored. To make matters worse I ended up having to fight Microsoft's Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) to get everything back up and running properly to do the restores. Sadly Microsoft don't make it easy to troubleshoot TDE problems and finding a simple all singing and dancing guide is nigh on impossible. With a bit of Googling and some hit and miss queries everything was fine again.

Other than that it was a good day which included learning some new tricks in Windows 8.1 as well as some things about Office 2013. I like learning days, it certainly takes the edge off of the same old same old that is usually a day in QA. It's possible the latest version of our product isn't compatible with Office 2013 although I did find a potential work around that I will be trying out tomorrow.

I'm also pleased to report that my general feeling of calm and positive energy continues and boy does it feel good. I'm still brimming over with all the positive energy from the Goddess Gathering and the fantastic advice and readings that we were given. Have to admit that my new black tourmaline pendant has probably helped too.

A lovely chicken and bacon dinner was followed by the final part of Inside No. 9. This was probably the weakest of all the episodes so far as it didn't really go anywhere and there was no twist. With the announcement that there will be a second series it is possible that this was the first of  two parts but as it was all supposed to be stand alone episodes that is unlikely. Oh well, can't complain really as the rest of the series was superb and although this final one was weak it still had a reasonable tale to tell.

Tonight we complete Season 4 and moved on to Season 5 of The Clone Wars. The animation and stories get better as things progress.



No comments: