Monday 12 May 2014

Knackered, visiting Jodie and crashing out

Well I guess everything has been catching up with me. Busy weekend, some stressful disagreements with people over nothing and then having to try and protect others as a result of all this, capped off with late night hockey viewing left me absolutely knackered today. Thankfully it wasn't a busy day but it was a struggle to concentrate properly on things. A boring meeting nearly saw me nod off but thankfully I managed to keep myself awake LOL, that could have been really awkward!

When I got home I was really dead on my feet and I did crash out on the sofa straight away. Not for long though as I was woken up and then Toni and I headed over to Deptford to go and see Jodie. She's due to have her second child in around two weeks and was feeling a little nervous so Toni wanted to go and reassure her. While we were there I made myself useful in getting her wi-fi up and running. She'd had BT install broadband and a Home Hub 5. All the lights were good but internet on the laptop was so slow it was almost in reverse. I noticed that the socket had a microfilter on it but that there was another socket on a different wall leading to the Sky box that didn't have one. One microfilter later and everything was up and running properly and everybody was happy that they could get their phones connected! Stupid BT engineer should have known to check for additional sockets and to let her know that a microfilter was needed there too. Five minutes later we had Sky Catch-Up working too. It was nice to see her and Ahmed again. Azalea was racing around like a maniac and screeching with her friend Caleb and it reminded me why it is nice to have grown up kids LOL

Got home and attempted to watch the Bruins v Candiens game but tiredness overcame me as I kept crashing out and we gave up and hit the pit.

No comments: