Thursday 5 June 2014

Pig of a day and Maleficent

It was an absolute pig of a day today. If anything could go wrong it did, in spades! It was no fun and was very demoralizing. Things did get sorted out eventually so all was good but..... the plan had been to go out for drinks after work, I really didn't feel like it so just headed home.

Toni and I went to Cineworld in Bexleyheath to see Maleficent.

It was absolutely brilliant, a great re-imagining of a classic fairy tale. I won't add in any spoilers but the story is strong, the acting is great, the sets are luscious and the costumes wonderful. We even went to see the 3D version which wasn't my original choice. I have to say however that it was very well used. With the exception of one scene near the start that was just too fast the rest of the 3D effects were used for transitions and depth and felt more grown up just like the ones used in Dredd rather than the usual cliche action scene overkill. I would definitely recommend that you go and see Maleficent.

Here's the trailer if you need convincing:

No comments: