Tuesday 8 July 2014

Osteopath, William Shakespeare's Star Wars, movie and TV updates and Germany storm to World Cup final!

I'm pleased to report that my back hasn't be hitting me with loads of pain of late.The osteopath sessions have definitely been helping. Had a session tonight and he manipulated me a lot harder than he had done in the past which left me feeling a little bit sore.

I've just taken delivery of the last part of a book trilogy that I have been collecting. I've been waiting for them all to be published before I started reading them so now I can. Here's a video of the final part:


There was sad news this week as Kevin Smith has revealed that Clerks 3 will be delayed as he doesn't have a backer for it. Clerks 2 cost $5M to make and took $24M at the box office so I would have thought that asking for $6M to make Clerks 3 with that sort of return would have been a no brainer. Sadly The Weinstein Company were happy to distribute the movie but weren't prepared to finance this one. I have no doubt that Kevin Smith will get the money from somewhere and then The Weinstein Company might end up kicking themselves for passing it up.

Guardians Of The Galaxy might not be for everyone but I can't wait until 1st August when it is release so I can go and see it. Marvel's films of late have set the bar pretty high and I suspect that Guardians isn't going to let us down.They released an extended look trailer this week which just has me getting excited.


October 7th see the release of CWs new TV series The Flash. I posted a teaser a while back but now we have a very exciting looking Behind The Scenes Pilot trailer.


We received more Star Wars Episode VII news and rumours this week. The latest cast announcements are that both Crystal Clarke and Pip Andersen are now on board for filming. Clarke is a relatively unknown actress and Andersen is a parkour expert. Next is the rumour that the Forest Of Dean may well be being used as a location for filming of Episode VII. The one thing that "could" lend this story some credence is that it was the BBC that came across a huge film crew that have set up camp at Puzzlewood. No confirmation has been received on this yet. Here's the BBC news report with a brief segment on Anderson plus a report from Puzzlewood.


"The Star Wars universe has always been about discovering and nurturing young talent and in casting Episode VII we wanted to remain absolutely faithful to this tradition. We are delighted that so many travelled to see us at the open casting calls and that we have been able to make Crystal and Pip a part of the film," said producer and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy.


I had completely forgotten about the Brazil v Germany World Cup semi final until I got a text from mum. I turned on the TV with the game 24 minutes in and Germany leading 3 - 0 only for them to get another two and head into the second half leading 5 - 0. Totally unbelievable although I was delighted! Quiet start to the second half until Germany made it 6 - 0 at 69 minutes. A beautiful finish put Germany 7 - 0 up at 78 minutes. Some sloppy play at the end gave Brazil a consolation goal at 90 minutes. The game ended 7 - 1 with Germany storming into the World Cup final where they will face either Holland or Argentina.

No comments: