Wednesday 20 August 2014

LEGO Gherkin, extended weekend, back crunch and Star Wars machete order

Walked round the back of The Gherkin at lunch time today to be confronted by a wonderful piece of art. Yes folks, next to The Gherkin we have a LEGO Gherkin!

Being a LEGO snob I reckon it could have been made better but it was still fun to see!

Five o'clock was a magickal moment as I am now off until Tuesday, oh yes it extended weekend and holitags time!

It was back to the osteopath tonight. I have had a rough week with some of the pain coming back so I was kind of dreading being pulled about. I explained what had been going on and he wasted no time in cracking, popping and manipulating. Things did ease a little and he said that I should be OK by tomorrow afternoon. It was a full on ouch by the time I got home. This is NOT going to interfere with us going away to Tribal Dreams though, that is happening no matter what!

After dinner I shuddered and reluctantly accepted Toni's desire to watch Star Wars in machete order. In short, you skip Episode I (The Phantom Menace) and watch the rest as follows:
IV A New Hope
V The Empire Strikes Back
II Attack Of The Clones
III Revenge Of The Sith
VI Return Of The Jedi

I don't agree with a lot of it but if you care to look at the reasoning behind this you can check it out here:
www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order

So did machete order work for me? It was an interesting experiment but I guess I am too much of a purist. I could see what this was supposed to achieve but it didn't feel right for me. I like the films in the order they were meant to be shown.  I guess knowing all the films inside out and back to front probably doesn't help when attempting to do this as the strands are already connected on the story arcs. The recommendation is to get a newbie to watch them in this order which I guess would make more sense as everything will be new to them. For me there are too many things in The Phantom Menace that DO make sense and ARE too important to just take it out of the equation altogether.

If you have a spare day (or ten hours plus) in your calendar then give it a go and see what you think!


No comments: