Thursday 25 September 2014

IPL and floods of emotional tears

Well today was the day that I started my IPL treatment at Avalon Laser Clinc. I'll have to admit I was a little nervous now that the actual day was here. Overall it was OK though. Toni was with me and that helped me get through the session. I'll be honest, it was pretty uncomfortable and I had trouble relaxing which didn't help matters. I did try but wasn't very good at it, will  have to practice.....

IPL isn't like having a tattoo which is a different sort of sensation altogether and very easy to manage. The problem with IPL is the noise that the machine makes before the flash comes which just made me anticipate what was coming next. Sara was very patient with me and it was all over very quickly. Next time I might try having my headphones in and some noisy music blasting out to try and distract me from the sound of the machine.

Having it done was quite exhilarating and I got quite emotional on the way home as tears flooded out. This is another step in my transformation into who I want to be and it was such a relief to know that I am moving on with my journey. I can't wait for the day that having to shave on a daily basis becomes a thing of the past. The discomfort of the treatment was so worth it knowing how good the benefits will be. I'll be back again

I do have to take a brief moment to say a BIG THANK YOU to Toni for making all this possible!

No comments: