Saturday 25 October 2014

MCM Expo @ ExCeL London

I took Sam, Aaron and Michaela up to the ExCeL in London today for MCM Expo.

It was a bit of a strange Expo for me. Having priority tickets meant that we got in pretty quickly which was fantastic. Once we were in Sam headed to the games section, Aaron and Michaela went in search of Yu-Gi-Oh stuff leaving me on my lonesome. It wasn't quite the same wandering around with no company. I didn't even take any photos as it just felt awkward doing it on my own. 

Not sure why but I just felt flat. Spent a bit of time talking to Z and Vikki at the Smell Your Mum stall before heading outside for some air. A headache was forming and I felt kind of lost. An odd feeling that I don't like very much. I attended the Agents Of The Force photo shoot which was good fun and brightened me up a fair bit. Lots of photos were taken and we had some good lightsaber battles. I did manage to grab this pic after the shoot of an awesome custom Sith and NightSister Witch:

Here's one of the shots from the photo shoot courtesy of Michael Antoine, you can just see me at the back!

After the photo shoot I went and found Sam and watched him playing D&D Air Attack. It seemed to be a dragon version of Star Wars X-Wing and good fun to boot. By this time I was feeling a bit sick so Sam and I went for a walk. After a while we decided to head home early as he had done most of the stuff he had wanted to and I wasn't feeling well. Aaron and Michaela stayed behind to carry on their adventures. 

Got home and felt a bit better after a pile of bacon. Not sure what was wrong with MCM Expo this time round but I'll definitely attend another one before writing it off. Saying that it was great to meet lots of cosplay friends there and the Agents Of The Force photo shoot was brilliant and did lift my spirits. What's not to like about Star Wars costuming anyway LOL. 

No comments: