Tuesday 21 October 2014

Threading, pancakes, archery and Steak Night

Toni and I were up early today. This was not the best thing to have happen but we did have a treatment booked at Aqua Sana. We had a quick cup of tea before setting out and then got drenched en route. We arrived early so had time for another cuppa at Foresters Inn. Our threading treatment was wonderful and it's definitly the way forward when it comes to hair eyebrow shaping.

Post treatment Toni and I went back to the cabin to pick up Pam and Aaron and we all headed out to The Pancake House for breakfast. The idea of savoury pancakes usually leaves me cold so I thought I'd be going for a sweet one. I decided to push my boundaries so opted for the New York stack. Thick pancakes with bacon and lashings of maple syrup. OMG, what a choice, amazing!

Toni was even more excited as they did gluten free pancakes too when she thought she would have to have an omelette. Gluten free Spanish it was

Aaron and I then split off to go and have an archery session.

It was great fun. There were four of us doing it. Aaron won the first game. I won the next two. We then broke into teams with Aaron and I together. We won the first and tied the next two. The final game as trickier as the target had both positive and negative scores. I came second in that one.

After the session we met up with Toni and Pam again and had coffee, milkshakes, did puzzles and read in The Piazza rather than risk getting soaked trying to get back to the cabin.

It was Steak Night at Cafe Rouge so we decided to eat there again. Well, it would be rude not to really! Pam was delighted to see lots of glasses of alcohol heading in her direction

10oz rib-eye, upgraded to surf and turf (five garlic king prawns) plus mushrooms. This is all mine (apart from the onion rings in the background)!

Stuffed to the brim once again we mooched back to the cabin to chill out in a food coma! Bliss!

No comments: