Thursday 9 October 2014

Trust your instincts

Some things had been happening at work that had been troubling me. Odd little things popping up that didn't sit quite right with reasons that didn't really seem to make sense. My instincts are usually pretty good. I had made the decision to confront my manager about this in the morning but my instincts were also prickling over this so I decided to sit on it. Someone else told me that I should speak to him if it was bothering me. I chose not to, deciding to ride it all out until another meeting had taken place later in the day as my intuition said that this was the right thing to do.

I am really glad I made that decision as I might have come across looking really stupid and somewhat paranoid LOL. That's not to say that things aren't bubbling along in the background that might prove me right in the end but certainly at the moment things aren't coming out into the open and so I shall play along with the games as they are and see what happens next. Sometimes it's best not to play your hand too early :)

Following on from that meeting I did then have a good one to one session with my manager about my career and where I can see it going and he was very supportive of my aims. Turns out what I want to do could sit well with what the company are planning to do with our department so fingers crossed that everything will fall into place and it will be a win/win situation! Seems like trusting my instincts and holding fire on grilling my manager was definitely the right thing to do!


No comments: