Tuesday 16 December 2014

#MyNameIs - KT Glitz (and Facebook finally agree)

Well we had a nice little breakthrough today. I received this message from the Facebook support mob:
Hi KT, Thanks for verifying your identity. We’ve made the name change you requested. If you‘d like to add another name to your account (ex: nickname, maiden name), follow the steps in the Help Center: https://www.facebook.com/help/131728300237162/?ref=cr Thanks, Nathan Community Operations Facebook
Lo and behold my account had changed to say KT Glitz. The names in brackets are nicknames that I control so they are fine)

What a real hassle that was. Just hope that IF it gets reported again they will have the common sense not to make me jump through all these pointless hoops a second time. Part of me was disappointed that I didn't get to use plan B but I have that in reserve just in case this stupidity starts up again. Fingers crossed I won't have to use it or worry about any of this again!

I was asked to give feedback on how they performed with my support request. Although they did sort me out in the end they most certainly didn't get a big thumbs up from me!





No comments: