Saturday 2 May 2015

Sleep, bacon, declutter, Star Wars crochet and Rangers tie the second series 1 - 1

I had a LONG sleep last night which was very nice. I need to try and get more of them if possible but I guess while the Play Offs are on this is unlikely LOL.

When we got up I was despatched to get take away breakfast from the cafe. Bacon sandwiches and chips for the win! Toni was still feeling unwell so went and chilled out with Pam while I undertook a massive tidy up of the living room. I had no issue doing it on my own as most of it was my mess LOL. I did reach that part way point where you regret starting something but I persevered and now it looks great once again! It's amazing how liberating a good declutter can make you feel! Actually I am not that amazed, I now how bad clutter is for you but I'm just very lapse at sorting it out LMFAO.

This amazing set arrived in the post today. I think Toni will have some fun with it!

Looking for revenge of the game on Thursday the New York Rangers started with style in their second game against Washington Capitals taking a 1 - 0 lead after only 38 seconds thanks to Chris Kreider. Rangers even changed their power play mentality and started shooting more, so nice to see. A great hustle on the second power play and the Rangers extended their lead to 2 - 0 with a mighty shot from Dan Boyle. First period ended with Rangers leading 2 - 0. Shots on goal were NYR 15 and WSH 4.

Rangers started the second looking like they meant to continue as they started off rather than sitting back and defending the lead. Rangers dominated for the first half of the period but then the Capitals grabbed one back to make it 2 - 1 at 13:59. Thankfully Henrik Lundqvist became a monster in goal to deny some great Capitals scoring chances. This was a good period but the Rangers did let the Capitals back into it. Second period ended with the Rangers leading 2 - 1. Shots on goal were NYR 12 (27) and WSH 16 (20).

With a 2 - 1 lead going into the third it was edge of the seat time. The hope was for a strong start and an extra goal to get some comfort. It was a bit end to end to start with which is not what I wanted to see. Penalty kill time came with the Rangers needing to keep Ovenchicken neutralised and defend well. It was sloppy but job done! Immediately after killing of the Capitals power play Brassard makes it 3 - 1 with a cheeky goal through Holtby's legs at 03:37. The post made a great save on a Jesper Fast shot to keep things at 3 - 1. Sadly Ovenchicken did what he does best and made it a 3 - 2 game with a great goal. Holtby continued to outwit the Rangers power play. The last two minutes was real twitchy bum time as the Capitals pulled Holtby for the extra attacker but the Rangers held firm.  

Third period ended with the Rangers winning 3 - 2. Shots on goal were NYR 8 (35) and WSH 12 (32). There series is now tied 1 - 1 and the Rangers are on the road against the Capitals on Monday.

No comments: