Wednesday 12 August 2015

Drum Ceremony

Tonight Zoe and I went to Oxleas Wood to participate in a Drum Workshop as an extension of our Shamanic Workshop. Sadly Toni was feeling under the weather so wasn't able to attend. We found the perfect spot:

First up was the challenge of getting a fire ready:

There was lots of drumming throughout the ceremony:

I waited patiently for my turn to have a go playing Thunder:

Prayers and meditation were included:

As a mass drumming session commenced I was overtaken by the rhythm:

It was a fantastic experience being involved in the Drum Ceremony and to be working outside with friends old and new. It was also nice to be doing something like this outside of the Dolmen Grove which tends to be the only chance I got for things like this so hopefully we will be doing more of them.


No comments: