Friday 4 September 2015

Last.FM manage to completely blow it

You might remember my recent post complaining about the disaster that is the Last.FM website update. Well things haven't got any better. I raised a support ticket to find our when they were going to bring back the weekly charts widget so that I could continue to blog. After two days I did get a reply and I was not best pleased.

This is the reply in an easier to read format:
Last.fm widgets and imagegen charts have been unofficially deprecated for over 4 years.  We're very sorry but this site update makes that deprecation official now.   In the future we may bring image-based charts and widgets back in some shape or form, but there are no immediate plans to do so at this time.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.
Well that was an interesting response and also full of slight untruths. Unofficially deprecated for over 4 years? They are having a laugh surely? They continued to fix and support them when they went wrong, why would they do that then if they were deprecated as it makes no sense. It's complete cobblers as there were numerous complaints and fixes in the last couple of years some even raised by me. I have two reasons for using Last.FM and they have now told me that my number one reason is dead! Way to go in continuing to fail your users and make people walk away. Is Last.FM now just a coders playground with no regard for the functionality that they used to offer or the needs of their users? Remember what that sort of attitude did to MySpace!

Seriously unimpressed with you Last.FM!

No comments: