Thursday 17 December 2015

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (NO SPOILERS)

This piece contains NO SPOILERS. A full review will follow in a few days to give people a chance to see it. The day had finally arrived! Toni, Sam, Aaron and I hit the 00:05 showing of Star Wars: The Force Awakens at Cineworld Bexleyheath.

Wow is all I have to say. Tonight we're gonna party like it's 1978!  It felt like it was 1978 all over again. The big kid came out in force (full pun intended). I cried many times throughout the film, my emotions were running wild. JJ Abrams restored faith in the Star Wars franchise and kicked off the next set of movies in grand style. The Force Awakens didn't disappoint any of us. The mixture of old and new cast worked well. The plot was good and there are plenty of things in there to take the story forwards.

Sheer joy to watch and John Williams has once again done an amazing job with the music score. If you were one of those who love the original trilogy but were never quite convinced about the prequel trilogy then you are bound to enjoy TFA. It felt old school, there wasn't lashings of CGI instead going back to models once again. If you have any enjoyment of Star Wars then I can't think why you would not like this movie. We all loved it and walked away totally happy and smiling.Was it perfect, no, but it sure was fun!

Sam, Aaron and I were back again for the 09:30 showing and then went in again at 12:40 and 15:50. After that we took time out to meet up with Toni and Jamie and to grab some dunner (as they were joining us for more fun).The final showing was the 3D version and much to the delight of our party I had bought us all First Order trooper 3D glasses!

It's good in 3D, nicely used effects. Personally I preferred it in 2D but that's just my personal choice. My plan is also to try and book both IMAX 2D and IMAX 3D showings as well so I have seen all versions.

Five showings in one day and I wasn't bored of it at all. It did mean that we could focus on different aspects of the film seeing it so many times and I'm already compiling a fun bloopers list for a later date LOL.

As I said earlier, this is a MUST SEE film for anyone with more than a passing interest in Star Wars. So hurry up and watch it so that I can get my review out!

No comments: