Tuesday 9 August 2016

Batman: The Killing Joke

Batman: The Killing Joke is one of my all time favourite stories and Batman graphic novels. I still remember the excitement of when I first bought it when I was 18. Now here we are many years later and now we have an animated movie of Batman: The Killing Joke.

The plot is a simple one: As Batman hunts for the escaped Joker, the Clown Prince of Crime attacks the Gordon family to prove a diabolical point mirroring his own fall into madness.

Batman: The Killing Joke was always seen as the best story featuring The Joker of all time. There was a slight deviation from the plot which drew a lot of criticism from people which I understand although the story does still work. I'm not 100% convinced that it made the transition well from printed media to animation but maybe that's just because the graphic novel has been with me for so long. It is good though.

Mark Hamill once again reprises his role as the voice of The Joker and does it VERY well.

No comments: