Thursday 2 February 2017

DEFCON one at work

Things went critical at work first thing this morning and we were at DEFCON one for most of the day. I spent the day working with the Tech Support guys trying to do some root cause analysis and then to try and get things back up and running again.

The day was quite stressful but I took the initiative to keep things under control and got senior management to delegate decision making to me so that we could just get on with things. It all took longer than it should have but that was down to a lack of escalation at the start and some misinformation along the way but we soon worked out our course of action and had everything running smoothly again.

I'm starting to remember how much I love doing all that elbow deep troubleshooting and problem solving stuff so it was good to be back doing it again.

No comments: