Wednesday 1 February 2017

You can't handle the truth!

Well today was a VERY interesting one. Over time we've had some problems building up due to senior management ignoring our advice, guidance and warnings in favour of playing politics. I don't do politics, I just want to get things done.

As we finally started to go critical today there was an emergency conference call to discuss the way forward. Things started off with the usual political bull from the CEO of our division which just annoyed me so I let him have it big style. Both barrels of THE TRUTH. No politics just cold hard facts. It was somewhat cathartic. My point was made and we then resumed the business of finding a way to fix our problems.  Hate to say we told you so LOL

My boss commented afterwards that my rant was going to entertain him for weeks or months (he's a political type and isn't used to people standing up to those that the top). It was all good though as I've had further discussions with said CEO without the need for ranting :)   We are now moving on with plans and everyone is happy with how we are progressing.

No comments: