Tuesday 30 October 2007

Rufus Wainwright at Hammersmith Apollo

Oh what a night!
An emotional rollercoaster and a fabulous show as well.
When I arrived I spent 20 minutes in tears just wishing that Sharon could have been there with me to see it, it just felt so wrong being there on my own. Rufus did two sets, the first 30 minutes of set one was a real struggle for me, especially when he played Sanssouci (which was played at Sharon's funeral). I did settle down a bit after that and it was a really wonderful show.

It's a damn shame Sharon wasn't there, she would have loved every minute of it. Rufus just gets better and better with every performance. I am so glad that she introduced me to his music.

The show, as last time, ended with Rufus doing his wonderful rendition of Get Happy. This was the final song played at Sharon's funeral but rather than the tears of Sanssouci that I encountered earlier I just had a big smile on my face from many happy memories.














More pictures can be seen here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/k.t.glitz/301007RufusWainwrightAtHammersmithApollo

No comments: