Thursday 22 October 2009

Stupid fecking BT

Had a problem with BT last night.
All my web browser traffic was intercepted by BT and replaced with a message saying that my service had been suspended. To remove this suspension all I had to do was pay an oustanding amount. Simples! I did that and guess what, service remained suspended saying that I had to make a payment even though following the link again acknowledged that there was nothing now owing. It was too late to ring customer services so I had to wait until today to try and resolve things. Strangely it was only web browser traffic that was stopped and I still had full access to email, ftp, newsgroup, P2P software etc.

Called them first thing to say that my service was still suspended. Was told it could be "up to 48 hours" before it came back! I hit the roof and said this was completely unacceptable. I was then told that they had to raise a reconnection request. I politely pointed out that I hadn't actually been disconnected, I was just (partially) suspended. Getting nowhere fast I then went on the BT website from work and raised a formal complaint about a system that promises an immediate restoring of services which then turns out to be a potential two days later.

Had a call later on from someone saying they were calling about my complaint. They then told me what I had already been told. I hit the roof and pointed out that dealing with a complaint is not repeating the words that you complained about in the first place! I was then referred to a manager who I continued to grumble at and demanded that if it was going to take 48 hours to restore my service then I wanted a discount for the missed period as I would still be paying a monthly fee even though the service was off. I was then told that I would be referred to a senior manager so I waited for another call.

Another gumble later and I was told that they would do a "manual reconnection", something that previously I was told could NOT be done as it was all automated. I asked how I would know it was done and they said they would call me. 10 minutes later I got a text from Sophie saying that someone from an 0800 number had called for me. At that point my services at home were restored! So after lots of time making complaints and grumbling, and BT calling me back to MY mobile three times they then topped off their incompetence by restoring my service and then notifying my by calling the WRONG mobile number! Priceless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Should'a paid your bill though eh!