Saturday 17 November 2007

Day release and the latest farce!!!!!!

Well Sophie came home for the day today. Popped into George to get a few bits and after lunch Sophie crashed out on the sofa for the rest of the day LOL.
When we returned to the hospital we were just walking into her private side room (the door was open so we just wandered in) when I suddenly realised there was a pair of male legs on the bed. We quickly reversed and went to see the nurses. Turns out they decided to transfer Sophie out of her room onto the main ward. I was raging and Sophie was really upset. As there was nothing we could do I just had to try and settle Sophie down, which thankfully took less time than I feared.

As I was leaving the nurse said that she could have called me but didn't want to bother me!!!!!!! Unbelievable! If we'd have been there we could have had a discussion about it and
although we would probably still have been moved at least it wouldn't have been a shock. If they had called me I would have probably reluctantly said OK but again, it wouldn't have been a shock. This whole experience has been bad enough worrying about Sophie without all the NHS crap on top just adding to the strain!

No comments: