Friday 28 March 2008

Goodby nanny, love you

Mum phoned in tears tonight to inform me that nanny had passed away. Thankfully it was painless and while she slept. Mum was there as the home had called her in (obviously suspecting that nanny didn't have long left).

Although I was expecting it it was not news that I was ready for at that moment in time. I felt a sudden pull at my heart, masses of emotion welling up, painful reminders of Sharon being taken from me and then there was a calm, as if nanny and Sharon were with me telling me it was alright, and that everything was fine.

It was really hard telling Sam and he was in tears (and I had to tell Sophie over the phone as she was away). I'm so glad that Toni was there to support me as it would have been even harder otherwise.



I'm going to miss you nanny (as are Sophie and Sam), we all have many happy memories to look back on.

No comments: