Wednesday 16 April 2008

Hurry hurry hurry, beer and curry!

After work tonight we headed into London en masse for a drink and curry courtesy of our benevolent managing director Steve. Went to Brick Lane to The Water Poet for a pre-meal drink or five. Jack Daniels and diet Coke tastes so much better when it's on someone else's tab :o)

It was nice to see such a big turn out from the office and even better that Pete suddenly decided to make an appearance as we all thought he had headed off home as he had been feeling ill during the day.

Had a wonderful meal at an Indian restaurant called Seraz, also on Brick Lane. Masses of food was consumed (and at least I didn't feel bloated as I'd stuck to the JD rather than going for beer).

After the meal we went to the pub for more drinks. I avoided the Absinthe (tempting though it was) as that was probably asking for trouble. Had another JD before Pete and I headed off to the tube.

Toni (the crazy loon) had agreed for me to meet her at North Greenwich afterwards and she then gave me a lift home. It was crazy as I didn't get to North Greenwich until 23:30!

1 comment: