Saturday 23 August 2008

Swanage Day 1

Toni, Gemima, Aaron, Shane and I left early (well 09:30 anyway) as it was nearly a 4 hour drive that awaited us to Swanage. Deviated to SWF Post Office to pick up parcel and then we were on our way. Journey started off pretty well until the traffic conspired against us and we got stuck in some awful tailbacks. We stopped off at some services to recharge briefly before heading off again. We had expected to arrive in Swanage at 13:30 but actually got there at 17:00 so it was 7.5 hours instead of 4! Luckily mum reminded me of the Sandbank Ferry so I managed to change our route and take that which saved us another hour of driving.

When we arrived we had a much needed cup of tea before we went and sorted out caravan out. Sophie, Sam, Aaron and Gemima went to go swimming but unfortunately the site pool closes early on a Saturday and Sunday so they came back almost straight away.

We got ourselves straightened out and then took a walk down to the site restaurant where we had a really nice meal before heading back to mum's caravan to play cards. After a few rounds of Chase The Ace Toni, Aaron, Gemima and I went back to our caravan. Sam decided he wanted to sleep in ours so he came too leaving mum, Sophie and Shane in the other caravan.

The view from our caravan:


Toni and I inside our caravan:


Aaron:


Shane & Sophie:


Sam:


Gemima:


I'll post a full gallery of pictures when I get back
And YES I do know its very sad to be on holiday and still blogging LMFAO!

No comments: