Friday 9 September 2011

We're here, where are the bands?

This is a most amusing tale for tonight. Not long ago I had spoken to a friend about going out for a drink and he had suggested going to see a band on 9th September at the Underworld in Camden. I stuck this in my diary and then bought tickets weeks afterwards.

Toni and I headed up to Camden and got to the Underworld, had our tickets checked and went inside. A couple of people were coming up the stairs as we went in and I commented that they didn't look like the type of people to have attended this gig. When we got to the bar and bought a drink it seemed very empty and NONE of the people in there looked like the sort of people that would have come to this gig. While we had a drink we observed that there was no indication from the stage that these were the bands we were looking for. Toni asked if we had come on the right night. Going into a bit of a panic I brought out the ticket stubs and realised the date said 9th OCTOBER so the doorman hadn't even checked them!

We then decided to cut our losses and run and went into Qing, our favourite chinese restaurant. While we were there I took the opportunity to check my old Facebook messages and I had definitely been told 9th September so I kind of felt OK about not failing completely. That's the last time I don't double check ticket dates with my calendar when I receive although I have never fallen foul of this before!

It was an interesting adventure that made us chuckle big style!

No comments: