Wednesday 29 August 2012

Sometimes you learn something new

I was talking to my aunt Robbie last night about various things when she asked me how the band was going.

After a quick update she told me that her cousin was none other than Steve Peregrin Took. For those of you that don't know (shame on you) he was a founder member (along with Marc Bolan) of Tyrannosauras Rex. Apparently she used to go and watch them rehearse in Eltham! My jaw dropped at this news. If you hadn't realised I am a big Bolan and T.Rex fan so this was kind of major news for me.

This little story has never ever come anywhere near me until now and I am just amazed that I've never heard it before. Maybe its just because it was all so long ago? I've talked music with various family members over the years and not a hint of this at all.

Such a cool lovely surprise to learn that there was a cool musician lurking in the family tree.

If you want to find out more about Steve Peregrin Took then here's. Good starting point:
Steve Peregrin Took page on Wikipedia



- Posted using BlogPress on my iPhone

No comments: