Monday 1 October 2018

Bad start, good day, RIP Carlos Ezquerra and Hellboy

Well today started really badly with me waking up shattered after having a really disturbed sleep and a nice bout of vomiting. The wheels of commerce have to turn though so I dragged myself into the office as I had a new starter joining.

It turned out to be a good day in the office and quite quiet for a change. Hopefully that will continue for the week.

I was sad to hear that classic 2000AD artist Carlos Ezquerra had passed on. This is the man who created Judge Dredd. He had a very unique style that brought some of my favourite comic characters to life.

Although I have been very cynical about the Hellboy reboot as Ron Perlman was the perfect person to play the role and I was upset that he wasn't recast, I have to confess that the first poster for the new film actually had me quite excited (and frightened at the same time)

They've got the look down for David Harbour, let's hope that they can back it up with a great story!


No comments: