Saturday 15 December 2007

Good times, old times!

Went to meet my old mate Dennis tonight. Dennis and I used to be gigging and clubbing mates in London back in the 80s and I haven't seen him for over 18 years despite him being best man at my wedding.

The plan was to meet up in The Ship (an old haunt) and have a catch up before Dennis went to see a friend and I went off to BGP with Robin. As it was I had cancelled BGP as I just didn't feel ready to go back there again especially as I was already getting emotional in the lead up to Christmas.

So Dennis said that I should come along to the Intrepid Fox for one more before he went and saw Pat (the landlord of the Fox). As it was Dennis' meeting with Pat got delayed and so I spent another couple of hours downing the old JD talking to Dennis (and his friend Sarah). It was just like old times even if the Fox isn't quite the same since it moved from Wardour Street. I also took some photos of old haunts for old times sake.

Me posing at Shenfield station:


The Royal George Pub


The old Intrepid Fox on Wardour Street


Gossips on Dean Street (was home of Buttz N Spikez Club)


Site of the infamous Marquee Club on Wardour Street (now sadly demolished and rebuilt as some poncy bar)


The Ship pub, used to be the worst pub ever but now is great


Dennis and I posing in The Ship (thanks to Dani the barman for taking this)


The NEW Intrepid Fox (now on St Giles Street)


Sarah and Dennis

No comments: