Monday 21 September 2009

L.A. Guns & SPiT LiKE THiS @ Underworld

After a pretty stressful day it was off to Camden for Toni, Sam and I to see L.A Guns and SPiT LiKE THiS plus others.
Started off with some yummy food in Wagamama before drifting off to the Underworld.

When we arrived we had a quick chat with Vikki Spit (and Cyndi Rott) before meeting with Matt and Becky ready for the sleazy awesomeness that was to follow.

Becky and Matt:


Toni and I:


...and now ladies and gentlemen, I bring you, the bands:


BUBBLEGUM SCREW
The real New York Dolls may well be limping along at the moment but Bubblegum Screw have a direct spiritual link to the original line up harnassing everything that is good about garage glam punk. It's not big and it's not clever but it sure is a whole lot of fun! Fast punchy tunes with good choruses, a great way to start the night off.




See all the pics here: 210909BubblegumScrewUnderworld


SPiT LiKE THiS
This is the reason we were here. If you read my blog then you must know by now how much we love SPiT LiKE THiS. You wouldn't have known that they hadn't played live for over 4 months. Despite a sub standard PA they still put on a great show and we were treated to two new songs as well! Can't wait to see them again in October supporting Tigertailz.





See all the pics here: 210909SPiTLiKETHiSUnderworld


NASTY TENDENCY
Had never heard of these guys before but they were certainly a fun experience. Good old 80s style European metal with haircuts that kill! They seemed to be having a great time, the crowd enjoyed them and they even threw in a cover of I Wanna Be Somebody by W.A.S.P.





See all the pics here: 210909NastyTendencyUnderworld


L.A. GUNS
I love L.A. Guns but I was somewhat cynical about what I was going to encounter tonight. L.A Guns is one of those old 80s bands that have two incarnations with different original members. In the absence of a full reformation, the version I really want to see is the Phil Lewis fronted band as I love his voice and he made L.A. Guns for me. Tonight however for founding guitarist Tracii Guns' version with Love/Hate singer Jizzy Pearl on vocals. I have to say my fears were misplaced as it was a great gig. The PA was still suffering and so Jizzy's vocals were low in the mix but he carried off all the old Lewis numbers with gusto and Tracii Guns looked like he was having an absolutely blast.





See all the pics here: 210909LAGunsUnderworld

1 comment:

Nina Courson said...

hey great review of the gig, and great pictures too, i'll keep an eye on your blog from now on. ;)