Thursday 10 December 2009

Feeling better, half day, more work and stress

Woke up this morning feeling MUCH better following on from my horrible stomach pains the night before. Had the morning booked off so it was a nice slow start. We got up, Toni started wrapping up some Xmas presents and I made breakfast. We then headed off to Shenfield where Toni dropped me at work and then she headed off to SWF.

Headed home looking forward to another round of Sam's delightful carrot and onion soup. It had been a relatively calm day at work but I had agreed to log on when I got home to test a last minute patch and send it out to a client. Did this with no bother at all, nearly an hour spent at home sorting things out but all was good, tested OK, patch sent and corresponding emails also sent.

Had the lovely carrot and onion soup and Toni, Sam and I watched The Young Ones. After food we did a little painting of Warhammer models.

I then decided to check my emails and found a "thank you" email for sending the patch out and a snotogram from the boss demanding an explanation of what had happened. Oh joy of joys we were back in witch hunt city! Then spent a further half hour making phone calls with colleagues and investigating things ready for the morning. I wouldn't mind but the "shoot first ask questions later" routine is wearing thin and in this instance although we were being kicked first our investigation showed that we were free from blame so it will be interested to see where the kicking boot ends up tomorrow!

After all that lovely stress I chilled out for a bit and then we went to bed (later than planned). Roll on tomorrow (and, more importantly, the weekend!)

No comments: