Friday 9 December 2011

Orpheum recording and workshop

After a week of hard practice it was off to Martine's tonight to lay down the bass track for Porcelain Doll. This song has been particularly challenging for me since I first joined the band so it has taken a lot of hard work to get it to a stage where I felt happy enough to record it.

Things started a little shakily but once Martine started motivating me with chocolate I relaxed and we finally got some good takes to allow us to complete the song. Just got to wait for the mixing process now and then we'll have all the tracks we need for our EP which will be coming out hopefully in early 2012.

Following the recording we did a workshop session with Erin, Andy and Fin and did some work on some work in progress tracks which was all very constructive and we have some amazing ideas coming through.

No comments: