Tuesday 10 September 2013

Sam's second interview, some new iPhones & Breaking Bad

Following on from his telephone interview last Friday Sam got the call back yesterday for a face to face interview today. Suited and booted he headed off to St Katherine's Dock in the afternoon. I met him afterwards and we travelled back home together. It sounds like the interview went well. He started off with a thirty minute technical interview followed by forty five minutes of actual talking. Now the tough bit comes as he has to wait until next week to find out how he got in. He has been told that it will be Wednesday at the latest. If it is good news then he'll either get the job or be called back for a third interview depending on how the other candidates shape up. Fingers crossed that everything aligns and he is straight into work! Sam has worked so hard to get this far and I really hope he gets the break he deserves.

In slight less interesting news, Apple made their latest iPhone announcement today. Two models will be available, the 5S and the cheaper 5C (which comes in a variety of colours styled like the iPod). Whilst neither of these phones are gargantuan phablets, instead opting for the same foot print as the iPhone 5 there is still plenty there to get excited about. Better performance, improved camera and flash, fingerprint scanner and of course the much anticipated IOS7 that will be hitting the download trail next week. My upgrade is due at the end of October so I think I am 99% sure where I'll be headed on this one. Although some of the other smartphones out there are very tempting I have invested far too much in my previous two iPhones and the apps that I am using to move away to something new.

Certain friends of mine will be very vocal as to why Apple have lost their way and the new iPhone(s) are a load of old carp but I really couldn't give a toss. I like what I like, and I like Apple products. I might even get an Apple laptop at some point LMFAO!

We continued our Breaking Bad fix tonight as completed Season 2 in a bid to catch up with the rest of the world. It's a show that just goes from strength to strength, excellent scriptwriting, nice plot twists, humour and a whole lot more. It's must see TV for us and you are certainly missing out if you haven't seen it before!


No comments: