Saturday 10 November 2018

Listening to Muse and Zoe's birthday meal

I spent a lot of today listening to Muse especially their new album Simulation Theory.




They were a band that I never really quite bought into and I hated The Resistance due my belief that it was too much like trying to be Queen. In retrospect though, having listened to a lot of Queen recently, I can now listen to The Resistance and appreciate the this was a good Muse album but with them really wearing their influences on their sleeves. Simulation Theory is a great album, they toy with a few styles that you wouldn't expect including an homage to Prince but all delivered with a sound that is very much Muse. I might be late to the Muse party but I am really glad that I have made it!

Our evening was spent with Toni, Sam, Zoe and I enjoying a lovely meal at Bella Italia to celebrate Zoe's birthday (albeit a few days early). Lovely food and a good time was had by all! Good times!

No comments: