Saturday 23 February 2019

Birthday fun

We were up at 5am this morning to hit the road to Stratford-upon-Avon to visit mum. We made great time and were just after 8. As mum is healing well after her recent knee operation we made a walk into town to go and have breakfast at Benson's. Gluten free breakfast for £5 plus unlimited refills on the coffee!

It was a good day for presents. Sam and Sophie got me a Daughters Of Khaine set to kickstart my new Age Of Sigmar Warhammer army:

Giselle game some magickal tools:

Toni was amazing and gave me a gorgeous walking stick:

It was a lovely relaxing day. We had tea and cake in the afternoon at mum's insistence as it was my birthday :)

Nobody wanted to cook so Toni and I popped out to collect a Nando's order as not many places deliver in Stratford. It was delicious as Nando's rarely disappoints and there was plenty left for later/tomorrow!

We don't often watch 'normal' television and we spent a few hours tuned into Pick watch such gems as Border Security: America's Front Line, Border Patrol, Stop Search Seize and Brit Cops: War On Crime in what I started to call Catch a Wrong 'Un TV. Car crash TV at it's finest LOL It was a novelty but I couldn't make a habit of it.

It has been a great day spending time with mum and Toni, plus many messages from around the world.

No comments: