Wednesday 11 April 2012

Work is meh, Operation Evacuate

I don't think I'll bother talking about work today. Actually I will LOL. It was all a bit meh! Spent most of the day trying to get back some free disk space on one of our servers because the procurement process is so slow that we can't even get more much needed disk packs quickly. It's a dirty job (not mine) but someone had to do it before the server dies!

To cap it all off by the end of the day the coffee machines had been removed and the water boilers disconnected! No notice or warning, it just happened. I guess we will be moving to the Gherkin soon as this nut be part of the winding down operation but a usual we mushrooms aren't informed. We even had to suffer some people taking a tour of our offices who were obviously wanting it when we go. They were taking photos of the lights on their Blackberrys (with flash on) which was pretty distracting. Again no warning or courtesy email beforehand!

Got home and we had a kebab and watched a bit of The Empire Strikes Back before loading up The Beast with boxes and heading over to SWF to continue Operation Evacuate! Toni, Sam and I managed to pack up all of my CDs and DVDs before we ran out of boxes. We'll be back at the weekend to get more stuff, including my books and generally starting to clear the place up.

Toni and I got back really late, Sam stayed in SWF, and thankfully Aaron was still up to help us unload boxes and put them in his room. One cup of tea and sorting out my iPhone music and it was time to crash out, knackered!


- Posted using BlogPress on my iPhone

No comments: