Thursday 19 April 2012

Meh day, downpours & storms

Today was not a great day to be honest. It seems that clown shoes are becoming more and more evident once again. Lists are being drawn up and ways to manage people formulated before things get so bad that people start moving on!

On leaving work today there was one hell of a torrential downpour which then turned into a serious storm. Paul, Stuart and I took refuge by the rear entrance until it subsided a little. I was gutted to get to Cannon Street and find that there was a broken down train and due to lightning damage as well the station was closed and no trains were running.

It was suggested that London Bridge or Charing Cross were the best options. I called Toni to explain what was going on and she suggested that I make my way to North Greenwich! Genius!

This would mean that I would avoid the mad crowds at the alternative stations. I took the District Line to West Ham and then had to change there for North Greenwich. One 161 bus later and I was safely back home. Thank goodness for the many varied methods of transport in London!

Whilst I was en route the house had been struck by lightning and a neighbouring house caught fire with the Fire Brigade in attendance. All fun and games this evening!




- Posted using BlogPress on my iPhone

No comments: