Monday 18 March 2013

Being a pain in the ass... the effort was worth it

My blog today was going to be a trans based one but things happened that made me postpone that for another day as there were other things that needed to be said :o)

It was the tail end of appraisals today and it looks like my hard work over the past two years is starting to see good fruits. I appear to have the official tag of "being a pain in the ass" because I am not frightened of speaking up when I feel that things are being done in a suboptimal way. I have been positively encouraged to continue  "being a pain in the ass" for the foreseeable future to continue the good work that my team and I are doing. Things have been improving and this has been noticed and now I am being rewarded for it.

It feels good to know that my hard line approach isn't a problem and that management are able to see results from this. I can't take all the credit though as I have an excellent team backing me up without whom none of this would be possible as I can't do all the work on my own. This year will be one of focus and process improvement to build on the strong foundations that we have already set and also to ensure that we are not distracted by other things which could cause an impact on more important projects.

It was great to leave work with a smile on my face thinking that I really enjoy my job and the company I work for!


No comments: