Saturday 9 March 2013

Late start, Big Bang, Deptford and BBC4 punk rock fun

It was a midday start today, just because. I don't need to explain myself! LOL

Breakfast, coffee and the latest episode of The Big Bang Theory prepped us for the day,

We took a quick trip to Deptford Market to pick up a huge slab of beef, picked up Jade and then spent the afternoon chilling out. Lots of tea was drunk and Mum watched some rugby.

Toni and I whipped up a mahoosive shepherds pie for dinner. While not my weapon of choice it was absolutely delicious. I might just be becoming a fan of comfort food as Toni calls it. The Pierce Brosnan version of The Thomas Crown Affair entertained us. Well it did me although I don't think Mum was very impressed LOL

The day finished off in style with some glorious punk rock on BBC4. We started off with Blondie: One Way Or Another. This was a Blondie documentary that was brilliant. It was a real from the beginning review of the roots of the band through to their current legendary status. Such a great band and sadly overlooked and under rated. Great to see Iggy getting a look in!

The grand finale was New York Rock At The BBC! Oh my, this was a real treat! Ramones, New York Dolls, Blondie, Lou Reed, Television to name a few!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: