Sunday 17 March 2013

Bullet For My Valentine @ The Roundhouse

Finally fully recovered I took Aaron and Michaela to The Roundhouse to see Bullet For My Valentine. When we arrived we were created by a horrendous queue but thankfully the staff at The Roundhouse are very effecting so we got in quickly. Three bands on offer tonight;

MISS MAY I
Great warm up band. Good blend of screamo and singing. Perfect mix for the night and crowd were certainly into them even though they weren't really my cup of tea. Short set but really enjoyed themselves and get everyone in the mood.


HALESTORM
Wow, what a show! This really woke me (and the crowd up)! So much fun, great entertainment and great songs to boot! I'd have quite happily gone home after seeing them. Their set definitely wasn't long enough and I'll be going to see them again that's for sure!

Amazing drum solo that I caught on video which segued into Mz. Hyde



BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE
We new the band were due ob when Tom Jones' Delilah blasted out which had the crowd singing along very loudly. Then the real intro hit, Carl Orff's O Fortuna and then we were off! It was nonstop from start to finish. Great sound, great songs with the crowd eating out of their hands. We even had a duet on Dirty Little Secret with Lzzy Hale making a return to the stage! I think I might be a convert!

Dirty Little Secret (with Lzzy Hale)


Scream Aim Fire


For me the overall winners of the night were Halestorm although I did thoroughly enjoy Bullet For My Valentine.



- Posted using BlogPress on my iPhone

No comments: