Saturday 22 October 2016

Cooking, Sons Of Anarchy finale and Rocky Horror NO

Today was an unusual day as I decided to crack out my culinary skills........ I know right! For breakfast I made a lovely cheesy scrambled egg for Toni and I. It was so nice. We then did a catch up on loads of TV shows before deciding what to have for dinner. I decided that I was going to make some coleslaw from scratch. Carrots, cabbage, onion, mayo and cheese were all thrown together and we enjoyed this little delight!

I've never made it before but it was a major success! I was so happy :)

After dinner we watched the finale of Sons Of Anarchy. What a brilliant end to a fantastic series. I can't recommend Sons Of Anarchy enough. It was like Breaking Bad in that you see characters completely change throughout the life of series and you can go from loving to hating.

Our day rounded off watching The Rocky Horror Picture Show: Let's Do The Time Warp Again. This is the remake of that old classic that we all know and love. I'm really not sure how I feel about this. The story was there, the characters were there (mostly), the songs were there (sort of) but.....  I don't think I like it although it did have it's moments... in places at least! 

I didn't like Laverne Cox in her role as Frank-N-Furter purely for the delivery and the accent. I also fully understand why the trans community saw this casting as a completely retrograde step. It was a big NO from me and detracted from the magic and completely didn't work in some scenes. especially referring to Frank as a she! I didn't really take to Christina Milan as Magenta either. This was a damn shame as she is my favourite character. Ben Vereen also didn't really work as Dr Everett von Scott which was a damn shame as again more things didn't work properly. 

Thumbs up to Reeve Carney as Riff Raff, Annaleigh Ashford as Columbia and Adam Lambert as Eddie. Honourable mention goes to Tim Curry for his role as The Criminologist. 

The whole thing is a big NO though. It just doesn't quite work when taken as a whole.

Here's the trailer, make your own minds up but you have been warned LOL

No comments: