Friday 3 October 2008

DragonForce!

I won't bore you with the work details today.
After work I met Sam and Livvie at Shenfield station and then we shot off to London to go and watch DragonForce as Sam's birthday treat.
We dropped off onto Oxford Street to have food at Pizza Hut before heading off to the Astoria to see DragonForce.

Sam:


Livvie:


Sam & Livvie in Pizza Hut:


Me in Pizza Hut


Outside in the queue for the Astoria:


Support band was Turisas, an act labelled as "battle metal" whatever that means LOL
They weren't bad although I didn't really buy into the whole norse/viking look.

Their setlist went as follows:
Battle Metal
A Portage To The Unknown
- Violin Solo -
One More
In The Court Of Jarisleif
The Dnieper Rapids
Rasputin
To Holmgard And Beyond

The cover of Rasputin by Boney M was actually fantastic (did I just say that?)

Was still messing with the new camera but here's a couple of BAD pics of Turisas:



And then came DragonForce! WOW!
Not a band I would have gone to see on my own but I am sure glad that I did. They were really good, fantastic musicians and put on a great show!

Set list went like this:

Heroes Of Our Time
Operation Ground And Pound
Reasons To Live
Fury Of The Storm
Revolution Deathsquad ( w/ keyboard solo )
Soldiers Of The Wasteland
The Last Journey Home
My Spirit Will Go On
Valley Of The Damned
Through The Fire And The Flames

I got totally snap happy so here are a few pics:











You can see the rest in my Picasa album here: 031008DragonForceTheAstoria

After the gig we shot back to North Greenwich where Toni picked us up (and after being stuck in a jam at the O2 car park for 45 minutes we finally made our way home)

No comments: