Saturday 27 November 2010

Warhammer 40k, Merlin & X Factor free zone

Today it was time for another Warhammer 40K battle. It was 750 points each and we had:
Me: ELDAR
Sam: DEATH'S ANGELS
Aaron: ORKS
Gemima: TAU

Toni sadly opted out as she had work to plus was in pain. Sam was fielding his new army/codex that he wrote himself and despite initial fears they were quite balanced.

It was quite a close fought game with casualties happening all over the place and it was unclear who was going to win. After 5 turns the win went to Death's Angels but only based on points remaining. The winning order was:
1) Death's Angels
2) Eldar
3) Orks
4) Tau

Man of the match awards went to:
1) Death's Angels - Necromancer
2) Eldar - Wraithlord
3) Tau - Kroot
4) Orks- War Boss




After the battle we had yummy chilli and rice. Toni then dropped Sam off at The Oakland for work and then we settled down for a massive catch up of Merlin. Whilst being a little cheesy it us a fantastic series. Can't wait to get through Season 2 so that I can start on Season 3 which is apparently awesome.

I am proud to announce that I have not been corrupted by the X Factor bug and despite it being 'rock night' tonight I still refuse to watch something as crass as that. I find it staggering that so many of my friends are captivated and caught in it's thrall. Oh well, each to their own I suppose but it's no wonder the music industry is in such a mess!



- Posted using BlogPress on my iPhone

2 comments:

Mumbles said...

I was playing the xbox in the living room while nan was watching it. Some bloke called wagner (I'm assuming he has nothing to do with the composer who is most definitely NOT associated with the xfactor) doing the worst cover of Radioheads 'creep' I've ever heard.

Mumbles said...

I'm sorry to have informed you of xfactor crap! I had to share my horror!