Saturday 5 March 2011

Vandals, Glitzine, fish and chips

Today was a mixture of shit and great.

I'll get the shot out of the way first! I looked out the window to where the car was parked and could see the passenger side wing mirror was dangling. From where I was viewing this it looked like there was a note tucked under the driver side windscreen wiper. Think this might have been an explanation/apology I went to investigate.

Turned out I was very wrong. What was by the driver wiper was not a note at all but was actually the remains of the driver wing mirror. It seems that in the night some little scrotes had taken it upon themselves to assault my wing mirrors and do some damage.

Armed with lots of tape I set about trying to patch things up. The passenger side mirror is aneroid off but o do at least manage to tape all the bits back on and in place so it at least looks like a wing mirror again even though it's useless and will need replacing. I had to patch it up to protect the electric parts. Fortunately the damage to the driver side wasn't quite as bad as I thought and although some tape was required it is at least functional although I don't know if the electrics were damaged so it might still need replacing.

So that was the bad stuff done!

Toni spent the day doing lots and lots of admin and paperwork with her nan so I took the opportunity to catch up with aback log of Glitzine stuff. I now have everything that had been sent to me ripped and ready to review and be sent out for review. It took a long time to do but it felt good to know it was done.

I then went and had a couple of hours of sleep as Toni and her nan were still busy doing their stuff. When they were done I was woken up and we went into town and enjoyed a very pleasant fish supper. You can certainly tell the difference when the catch is fresh!

Completely stuffed we then just chilled out and enjoyed the evening drinking and chatting.

Apart from the car incident it has been a really great day!

No comments: