Monday 14 November 2011

Late work, if I only had a clone, Gemima's birthday meal & an old friend

Had to work late tonight. This is a rare occurrence but due to a meeting overrunning I was behind on a tight deadline which left me making up time. Normally this would be no big deal but it was also a day when I needed to be getting on with things and leaving on time. Thankfully I made the deadline and the delivery was sent to the client and I even managed to make my evening meeting on time (just)

Today was one of those days where I wish I had a clone. Being in two places at one time and meeting everybody's expectations can be so damn difficult at times. Whatever decision I had made today would have left someone upset (as upsetting everyone was not an option!). Fingers crossed it's all OK by tomorrow!

So, decision having been made I met Toni, Aaron and Gemima at The Ladywell Tavern for Gemima's birthday meal. We had it there as Jade was working there tonight and had recommended the food. It was a good night (despite me feeling rotten about having to make a decision) and the food was indeed delicious.

A guy walked into the pub who looked like an old school friend. Toni wasn't sure if it was him or not so I looked him up on Facebook and the photo confirmed that it was him. I then took his mobile number from Facebook and sent him an anonymous text asking him where he was? We could see him at the bar looking a little puzzled. I then sent an additional text saying "Are you at the Ladywell Tavern". This clearly disturbed him slightly and he started looking around the pub to see if he recognised anyone. Toni and I were chuckling to each other and then he spotted us! Enter Andrew Mills, old school friend who neither of us have seen for 25 years! Turned out The Ladywell Tavern was his local. What a small world!


No comments: