Monday 2 January 2012

Busy day, moving more stuff, phew and PC set up

Today was another busy day! Toni and I headed back to SWF to pick up some more of my stuff including my desk and PC. It took a fair while to get everything taken apart and bagged up before we could cart it all back to Eltham. We had hoped that in moving more stuff out the elusive passports might have turned up but things were all negative on that front so it was looking like I would have to cancel two passports and then pay a further £150 to get the pair of them replaced!

We returned to Eltham and I started reconstructing my desk and PC. At the same time Toni decided to check in an old rucksack that she used to use for going back and forth between home and SWF and by some stroke of luck BOTH passports were there. Hurrah and PHEW! That was close and lucky I hadn't actually cancelled them!

I was delighted to get my PC up and running too, it's nice to have ones comforts with one! LOL

Ed popped round to pick up some stuff we were getting rid of for a boot fair and we had a cuppa and a catch up. He'll also be giving us some much appreciated assistance in carting some larger bits of furniture over from SWF.

Dinner was a mishmash of various bits from the fridge which was actually VERY nice and we chilled out watching Hitch before hitting the pit. It's been a great (but busy) start to 2012 and it's a real shame that I am back to work again tomorrow!

No comments: