Tuesday 12 November 2013

WFH and technical gremlins

I was working from home today as Toni had meetings all morning and I had to be there just in case Pam needed anything. It was a slow but steady day which was a relief and Pam spent a lot of time sleeping so I wasn't interrupted much. When Toni got back we took Pam out for a late lunch as we thought she was in need of fresh air and a little exercise.

I was hit with a lot of technical gremlins today. It started off with Bitcasa which insisted on re-uploading my mirrored folders after every reboot despite the previous jobs having completed with nothing outstanding. These are huge folders and now I have at least three in the cloud. Tickets have been raised with the developers!

Next up was my laptop which failed to do a Linux upgrade successfully resulting in a blank screen on startup that did nothing. Despite trying numerous trouble shooting tips I couldn't get it working. I then tried to do a recovery install but something crapped out on that which managed to wipe out the failed Linux partition AND my dual boot Windows partition too! Aaaarrggghhhhh!

The evening was spent rebuilding both the Windows and Linux partitions. Thankfully this was pretty painless and I was soon up and running again and also at the upgraded level of Ubuntu too. Phew! It was pain but at least I have a working dual boot system again now. It could have been much worse! Bloody technology!



- Posted using BlogPress on my iPhone

No comments: