Tuesday 9 June 2015

Getting to the bottom of a problem, reading and no TV

So what did today bring? Well after two days of going round in circles, generally chasing my tail and fishing for herring rouge I finally got to the bottom of a critical client issue where something had just stopped working. They thought it was a bug, some people thought it was encryption keys and after a lot of frustrating work I came up with a theory that seemed to bear fruit. Turns out the client had made a configuration change which unwittingly knocked out a decryption routine. I tested and retested this theory and it came out positive every time. Phew! What a mission that was especially considering that client hadn't changed anything. Still, it's nice to know that I can slot back in to the old tech role when needed! Just waiting for the client to make some suggested config changes and then all will be good with the world!

In a novel turn of events the TV did not go on tonight and I didn't really miss it. Instead I managed to get some reading done and finally finished the Darth Bane trilogy in my start to finish Star Wars books marathon. I've now made a start on Darth Plagueis.



No comments: