Saturday 30 June 2018

No parcel, Miggi's, Rocket League, Lizzie Borden and Suits

The start today wasn't too early which was a relief. I started off getting excited about a delivery I was expecting but I got a notification that the package won't arrive until Monday so that was part of my weekend plans put on hold LOL.

Toni and I ventured out in the heat to have breakfast at Miggi's. It was nice relaxed affair with the added bonus of Toni being given a belated birthday card and present from Miggi.

When we got home I opened a package from Amazon to find my copies of Rocket League and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. As Toni isn't really into games with bullets firing all the time I decided to play Rocket League first.

She made a brilliant post on Facebook about the whole thing:
Toni Glitz: KT Glitz is playing a PS4 game which involves cars and football at the same time. I am concerned that he may have been replaced by an alien who didn’t do any research about him! 
Jon Jones: Meaning that KT can’t drive and doesn’t view footballers as god-like entities?!

Exactly! KT usually has no interest in cars or football.
Rocket League is a very silly game with cars used as players. Described as "soccer, but with rocket-powered cars", Rocket League has one to four players assigned to each of the two teams, using rocket-powered vehicles to hit a ball into their opponent's goal and score points over the course of a match. The entertainment value more than made up for the fact that I was hardly a star player on my teams LOL.

We got back to watching some Lizzie Borden Chronicles which we had taken break from. Now there's a show that doesn't like to follow a linear plot and throws in the odd 'well damn' moments.

Some more Suits finished the day off as it's such a good show :)

No comments: