Tuesday 26 November 2019

Day off and a planned hospital visit

It was a day off today so that I could go with Toni to the hospital as she was having an operation. We'd hoped that I could be with her until it was time to be prepped and go down but we were split up as soon as we arrived and I was consigned to the waiting room. Once Toni was going down I went to investigate the cafe. They have a very nice one there so I settled in for the long haul with breakfast and tea. Not bad for less than £5...

I made myself comfortable and while waiting I read a Star Wars book on my Kindle and had Star Wars tunes in my headphones. There are worse ways to pass time I guess.

Costa kept me sane although this cup did drive me slightly insane LOL. It's beginning to look a lot like Costa!

I received a groggy text from Toni saying she was out but I had to wait a couple of hours until I could go and see her. It wasn't long before she was ready to be discharged and we got a taxi home. The operation didn't go quite as planned. In fact that they didn't do what was planned at all but they did end up doing something else which will hopefully improve things anyway. She now has to give it some time to see where things are and they'll consider bringing her in for the originally planned procedure at a later date if needs be. It's all good though and does explain some of the pain that Toni had been in. One of the positives is that she was not confined to 24 hours bed rest and could at least potter around if she wanted to.

There wasn't a lot of pottering around though as Toni relaxed on the sofa, watched some stuff, had some nibbles and then crashed out for a couple of hours. I am not surprised though as it was all a bit of a long day and an ordeal on her body. 


No comments: